Primitivo Anniversario 62 San Marzano
The Primitivo Anniversario 62 San Marzano is, without doubt, a spectacular red wine. A densely flavoured wine with hints of prunes and chocolate-covered black cherry combined with fresh herbs, it is simply quite delicious.
The grapes were hand-harvested once they had reached an advanced state of ripening. 80% was macerated for a period of 18 days, with the remaining 20% being macerated for slightly longer- 25 days, gaining complexity and layering in the final wine. The thermo-controlled alcoholic fermentation took place at temperatures of 24 to 26°C. The wine was then matured for 18 months in fine French and American wood barrels.
Build your own wine case
Choose 6 or 12 bottles, or let Taste do it for you! Click here to get started.
Please note: unless the vintage has been specified we will send the first available vintage of this wine. If there is a certain vintage you would like then please contact us for availability or add a note to your order. Images are for illustrative purposes only. Unless otherwise stated, we only sell the named product (i.e. glasses are not included).
Deep and complex flavours of prunes, black cherry, spice and tobacco weave through the full-bodied palate with its velvety texture and long, savoury finish. Quite delicious.
The perfect partner with red meat, game and savoury first courses.
– Silver, Decanter World Wine Awards 2017
– Silver, Sommelier Wine Awards 2017
Due to nature of our packaging, we can only offer discounted delivery when you order wine in multiples of 6.
For 6 bottles, our rate is £5. For 12 bottles or more (in multiples of 6) we will deliver for FREE.
All other quantities and products are charged at the rates below.
Excludes Northern Scotland, Northern Ireland, Highlands and other UK Islands, where individual rates will apply.
|FREE LOCAL DELIVERY
||We can also provide free local delivery to selected postcodes within 5 miles of the shop (HD5). This option will be available at the checkout if you are eligible.
|Northern Scotland, Northern Ireland, Highlands and other UK Islands
In most cases, your order will be dispatched next day and arrive within 2 working days. We cannot, however, guarantee this delivery time, so please allow up to 5 working days for the completion of delivery. If we expect a delay, we will contact you.